Children’s walkers are intended for very young users. They feature specially designed handles and lightweight frames for the smallest patients. Pediatric walkers can range from anterior to posterior, wheeled or non-wheeled, with different folding mechanisms for different needs.Read More
While anterior walkers are traditional for older users, research has shown that posterior walkers provide great advantages to younger users. Posterior walkers are easier for children to handle, as they require less energy than traditional walkers. Furthermore, for gait or posture training, posterior walkers encourage better positioning and lower flexion angles of the trunk, hip, and knee.
Another big choice when choosing a walker is the issue of wheels. Non-wheeled pediatric walkers offer the greatest stability and support to the user. Wheeled pediatric walkers offer greater ease of movement. Consider where and how the child will use the walker. Remember that larger wheels are better for outdoor use, because they move better over uneven surfaces.
Some children’s walkers fold for ease of storage and transport, while others may not. Folding mechanism is important to consider. Single release folding mechanisms may be easier to handle, but double release mechanisms can provide greater stability. Tension folding systems have no release at all, but may require more strength than children can manage on their own.
Carefully consider all factors of your intended use for your child’s walker. Ease of use, maneuverability, and ease of storage are all important considerations. The right walker can make all the difference in a child’s confidence and independence.
- Height adjustable
- Sturdy aluminum frame
- Adheres to any surface
- Wheels can switch from swivel to non-swivel functions
- Folds easily for transport
- Weighs: 9.5 lbs.-14 lbs. (depending on model)
- Weight capacity: 100 lbs.-200 lbs.
- Height adjustable
- 90 degree handle on junior model; 45 degree handle on pediatric model
- 5" flat-free tires allow for both indoor and outdoor use
- Wide base provides balance and stability with tool free adjustments
- Weighs:5.5-8 lbs.
- Weight capacity: 175 lbs.
- Approximate user height: 3'4" - 4' (Toddler) & 4' - 4'8" (Child)
- Lightweight aluminum frame
- Durable and built for better balance
- Folds easily for travel
- Weighs: 6 lbs.
- Weight capacity: 175 lbs. (Toddler) & 200 lbs. (Child)
- Height, depth and angle adjustable seat
- Height adjustable in 5 increments
- Width adjustable pelvic stabilizer and pelvic belt
- Comfortable knee pads
- Lower retainers for foot and lower leg